Spondylolisthesis is a condition in which a vertebra in the lower part of the spine slips out of the proper position onto the bone below it.
Common causes of spondylolisthesis include:
- Defective joints
- Joint damage through accident or trauma
- Stress fracture though overuse of a joint
- Joint damage through infection or arthritis
Typical symptoms of spondylolisthesis include:
- Back pain and/or leg pain
- Pain in the buttocks or the back of the thighs
- Pain which feels worse when standing or walking and is relieved by sitting/lying down
- Leg numbness or tingling
- Pain below the knee and into the foot
Diagnosis and treatment
If you’re suffering with spondylolisthesis, or are concerned that you might be, come and talk to us at T&O Spine. An expert consultant will discuss your medical history with you, carry out a physical examination and talk you through the treatment options.