Spinal instability is when there is abnormal movement between one vertebrae and another. As a disc degenerates, it loses tension, allowing the vertebrae to move around more.
- Trauma due to an accident or fall
- Degeneration of the spine
- Osteoarthritis or osteoporosis
- Lower back and leg pain
- Stabbing pains in the back
- Back spasms/’locking’ of the back
- Tingling and numbness
- Weakness in the legs and back
Diagnosis and treatment
If you’re suffering with spinal instability, or are concerned that you might be, come and talk to us at T&O Spine. An expert consultant will discuss your medical history with you, carry out a physical examination and talk you through the treatment options.