Facet joint pain is a type of recurrent lower back and neck problem. The facet joints are situated at the base of the spine and help support a person’s weight.
The symptoms of facet joint pain include:
- Muscle spasms
- Back pain to one side of the spine
- A stiff back in the morning
- Inability to maintain normal posture
- Sudden acute pain and difficulty moving
The symptoms of spinal stenosis include:
- Leg pain
- Pain when walking
- Tingling, weakness and numbness in the legs
- Arm pain
- Problems with co-ordination
Diagnosis and treatment
If you’re suffering with facet joint pain, or are concerned that you might be, come and talk to us at T&O Spine. An expert consultant will discuss your medical history with you, carry out a physical examination and talk you through the treatment options.